Located an easy drive from the centre of Wodonga, McFarlanes Hill is an excellent place to escape the hustle and bustle. Experience the bush ambience by taking a stroll among rolling hillsides and remnant bushland. The view of Wodonga from the ridge is well worth the 4 km walk along the Ridge Walking Track.
- Great scenic qualities and magnificent views
- Abundant wildlife, birdlife and wildflowers in spring
- Rolling hillsides and remnant bushland
- Rocky outcrops and cool, clear streams
- In spring keep your eye open for greenhood orchids and other popular wildflowers.
- Size: 2310 hectares
- Vegetation community: Box-stringy bark open woodlands, some open grassland and remnant Callitris glaucophylla
- Landform: Rolling hillsides, rocky outcrops, natural gullies
- Classification: Recreation and conservation
- Elevation: 442 metres above sea level
- Ridge Walking Track (4km loop)
- 20km of mountain bike tracks (refer map)
Access points (10 mins drive from the centre of Wodonga):
- Mountain bike park is accessible from the corner of Coyles Road and Felltimber Creek road.
- McFarlanes 4WD track off Ingrams Road
- Ridge Walking Track off Felltimber Road.
Things to do
- Short or Long walks
- Mountain Bike riding
- Walking Tracks
- Mountain Bike Tracks